Frequently Asked Questions
- To provide an open source, affordable VR eye tracker for Social games like VRChat as well as provide an open eye tracking platform.
- Any headset that the hardware can fit in with community mounts or a mount you design.
- Currently, a camera is mounted inside the headset for each eye. The camera streams through wifi to a PC client which processes and sends eye tracking data to an OSC endpoint ex VRChat.
- The goal is eye tracking with eye openness, and some form of pupil dilation. A far away aspiration of this project is some form of weak foveated rendering because it's cool and any small performance increase in VR is welcome.
- When it's done 😉 I have a semi busy life so development may slow and speed up inconsistently.
- This project has safety in mind. If you do all of the safety measures that we put into place and visually test the amount of IR light you will be fine. Please note we have not finished development of all safety stuff so be careful.
- My goal is to keep it as cheap as possible with around $75 as the absolute max, with current setups being around $30-80. aaaa
- Check out the VR Chat face tracking wiki on our github. Keep in mind that we currently only support float parameters.
- Checkout our build guides on this site for specific information, hardware may change and evolve over time.
- All of our documentation is located on this website, all future documentation will be found here as well.